The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Monday, February 21, 2011

Hvor heldig er det?

The Best Part of Today #88:
Connections you never thought you'd use.

Today my Newswriting class had a guest speaker who was very generous with his advice for students getting into the print journalism market. He also mentioned his mother was in book publishing, so I asked him about getting in contact with her after class.

"Well I don't know," he said, "She lives in Denmark. I don't know if she'd want to talk to you."

Ironically, I said the first thing that came to my mind, which was "I'm part Danish." Which is, in fact, true. My mother was born in Denmark.

"Oh!" he said, "Well in that case, I'll give you my email so you can contact me in two weeks when I go see her in Copenhagen and I'll tell her about you."

We'll see how far this gets me, if anywhere. You never what will give you an edge in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment