The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good old fashioned entertainment

The Best Part of Today #89:
Learning to play poker!

Ok, so I've learned to play poker before. Learning is not the problem. If someone says something is easy to learn, you have my permission to slap them because EVERYTHING is to learn. Retaining what you have learned is the hard part.

Now learning poker is a difficult problem for me because anyone who would ever want to teach me are only people who are really obsessively good at it. Then once they explained the basics to me, they would launch into complicated strategy that I could neither understand nor stand a chance against. I would never learn successful strategy because I would always lose. Or I wouldn't get to play, because the guys (and they were always guys) would always want to play for money, which I didn't want to waste (and I would always waste it because I would always lose).

But tonight, my roommate taught me and her boyfriend both how to play. First of all, I had NEVER met a guy who didn't know how to play poker. So that made me feel better, plus hearing it from a girl's perspective just made it easier for me to learn, for some reason. Hopefully this time I'll remember it. I only won one round in the whole game, but it was still fun.

We also played Egyptian Ratscrew, which I won, so there's no way it could have not been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment