The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Your order had dispatched!

The Best Part of Today #6:
Buying a book from my favorite author in the world off Amazon. co.uk

Ok, so I haven't bought it yet. But I fully intend to, so it makes no difference what tense I use. There is perhaps nothing I would like to do more than buy this book, especially since it is currently in my "basket" (not cart) and will be "dispatched" (rather than shipped) as soon as I order it. I say words like cart and shipped with the same nasally, displeased tone that my high school french teacher would use to say words like celebration instead the nicer-sounding congreg-ah-see-ohn. But unfortunately I must save my presently dismal funds for other matters.

And, in fact, there is something I would like to do more than buy the book: enter the sleuthing contest to win the first ever signed copy of the book. Unfortunately I'll have to make do with the joys of european amazon, because the contest is only open to the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment