The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Getting rid of brain crack...for real this time

The Best Part of Today #13:
Finally showing my first and most cherished story to a group of constructive peers.

I wrote a story years ago that I am very fond of, but have never been able to force myself to revise, nor have I been bold enough to show to anyone. I did use it twice as a writing sample application though. Once for a writing camp, and the second time, I rewrote the beginning and submitted it in order to get into my creative class. But i have never told anyone about it and asked for suggestions and criticism, until today. I turned very red and started sweating profusely as I tried to summarize the story and failing miserably. But it got better as the members of my peer group asked me questions about things I had left out, allowing me to focus on certain I had already figured out, rather trying to present a cohesive picture in one go. It was very nerve-wracking, but ultimately fruit-bearing as well.

fo find out what brain crack is, and how it is relevant and not completely random, click below:
http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/archives/2006/07/071106.html

No comments:

Post a Comment