The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Awesome x3

I missed Friday and Monday. But it wasn't my fault I swear! CarlyJanee Davino, one of my favorite people ever, came up to visit me at Uconn on Friday and then we went to Boston see my other favorite people ever, James Traggianese and Caity Booton. So that was great. But...

The Best Part of {Friday}:
Finding out I was in a secret club I didn't know about.

Carly, our friend Molly and I, spent our Friday sitting on the floor of Uconn bookstore's young adult section because 1) were nerds (the best kind) and 2) Carly introduced me to the world of Nerdfighteria and I found a Nerdfighter note in my new Paper Towns book! If you want to understand what I'm actually talking about, go to youtube.com/vlogbrothers.


The Best Part of {Monday}:
Classical Music playing and knowing what piece it is.

The other best part of Monday was not having any classes and still being Boston. Caity and I had breakfast at an Au Bon Pain and they were playing classical music! Ok, so I know that I said the best part of Tuesday was hearing the LOTR score in Whitney, but I didn't officially start TBPoT until Wednesday so it doesn't count! The funny thing is, I was so excited about the music as ABP because I knew the piece, but now I'm sure because I can't remember exactly. The quandaries of not posting on time, it is!


The Best Part of Today (finally):
Being told a weird quirk you have is actually a career asset.

Today I had an interview for a class which would entail working on the editorial staff of the Long River Review, Uconn's literary magazine. While explaining my copy editing experience to the interviewer, Penelope Pelizzon, exclaimed that it sounded like I could copy edit in my sleep! After a moment's hesitation I told her about the journal where I record spelling and grammatical errors I find in published works. I didn't know if this would be seen as a pretentious half-truth or just dismissed as worthless, as no publishing house would reprint a novel because it spelled "sen" instead of "seen" (page 88 of The Time Garden by Edward Eager.) But then Ms. Pelizzon laughed and said "You're Long River dream editor. I'm sure we'll have a place for you." Results posted next week - I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment