The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Monday, November 22, 2010

Magical Discovery!

The Best Part of Today #23:
Deciding not to buy an expensive book, then magically discovering it elsewhere for cheaper.

I decided to buy the majority of my books from my local bookstore. Even though this means I will have to pay a little more because I don't get coupons or promotions at my local bookstore, at least I'm supporting small business instead of huge corporate ones. It's also closer and saves gas. Ironically, I went on errands with my mom after I came back from my bookstore, and she needed to get something at Borders. But after doing our rounds at Borders, Michaels, and T.J Maxx, I sat down to read my new book (Catching Fire, which I had brought with me) inside T.J. Maxx's toy section. It was there, wedged in between Yoga videos and Ni Hao Kai Lan books, I found the third installment of the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay. FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment