The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Saturday, November 6, 2010

It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the world together

Part of the reason I joined Dramatic Paws was because I missed theatre from high school, and everything it entailed. Part of the production of it all was the building and painting of the sets, and I finally got a chance to do it today for the first time in years. Of course, no day of improvised student-run construction would be complete without a few accidental injuries.

The Best Part of Today #9:
Making improvised band-aids out of duct tape.

As Chris, one of our directors, aptly stated "Necessity is the mother of invention." This pertained to more than just my makeshift paper "tape measure" (part of the...charm, let's say, of a student run organization is the lack of professional materials, and the necessity to improvise). I impaled my left little finger on a rogue screw and sliced my right thumb on a paint container, and was sadly wanting of bandaids. Luckily I remembered from my high school techie days that duct creates an even better seal than a real bandaid. That way, when I finally arrived at rehearsal and a cast member asked me how it went, I was able to give a duct-taped thumb's up that carried everything I needed to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment