The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Monday, November 8, 2010

Just Kidding

The Best Part of Today #11:
Waking up to a window bright with reflected light.

Yup, you guessed it (and if you didn't, no worries, because I'm about to tell you.) I wondered why it was so bright when I woke up this morning, especially since the weather forecast had called for clouds and a rainy, "wintry mix." As if playing a joke on us, or more specifically weathermen, Storrs, CT was sugared with snow instead of slathered with slush. It was a two-part joke though, as the fluffy white sheen was soon transmuted into a muddy gray mush, fulfilling the earlier promise for rain. But it wasn't all bad. Before going in to work I normally nab a coffee from the starbucks across and down the street from my office to stave off the 2pm snoozies, but I didn't want to have travel any more than was necessary today. While I was there, I remembered seeing a coffee pot in one of the green room cupboards by the sink and the mini-fridge. For a while, I was too enmired in work to get away and substantiate my remembrance, but when I finally found time to explore, I discovered the pot out on the counter with a full pot already made! It was almost too good to be true when I found an eeyore-shaped mug in the cupboard and half-and-half in the fridge. It would have been too much if the fortuitous circumstances fell cruelly short to only almost everything I needed for my perfect cup of coffee, but I even found two real sugars concealed by heaps of splenda and equal packets. And it didn't cost me a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment