The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Curious

I could have sworn I posted yesterday. Apologies.

The Best Part of Today [Monday] #18:
Doing significant work on my novel.

As I mentioned before, I haven't worked on my novel in quite some time. The idea has just been bouncing around in my head. I'd like to say to say it was growing, but not significantly. It just stopped in to say hi occasionally. But yesterday, I did a quantifiable amount work on the first chapter and it felt great. Not to mention, the fact that the assignment itself isn't due until tomorrow, and I was working on it much in advance, as I have not have time for lately. I wrote the whole thing in 3 small 7x5" notebooks, and the first chapter was only 6 of these short pages, and most it was exposition that I have since chosen not to include in the first chapter. Yet, the new draft of the first chapter turned out to be 6 typed manuscript pages. I thought that was funny.

The Best Part of Today #19:
Stella.

This morning my alarm woke me at 8am, despite not having class until 11. I lounged in bed for about an hour and then took a nice long shower. But the nicest thing was deciding to turn on the tv while I got dressed and being spot on time for the beginning of a show I had not seen in very long while. Stella, with David Wain, Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black, is a hilarious show about 3 grown apartment roommates who are always wearing suits. I had not seen since a friend introduced it to me freshman year and it brought a rush of happy nostalgia to my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment