The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This might be the weirdest thing I've done in a bathroom...


The Best Part of Today #66:
Mini plants!

Today was the official first day of school back at Uconn, and I only had one class. It was pretty slushy outside, and for some ungodly reason, I forgot both my rainboots and umbrella at home, so I spent most of the day trekking around with wet toes. Fortunately, my friend Sara and I went on a field trip to Target, where I purchased an emergency pair of $6 rainboots. Unfortunately, there was only one for this nice-n-low price, which, interestingly, happened to be a size 6. I'm an 8. But my feet still miraculously fit in them, and they prefer being slightly squished than cold and wet. The even better discovery, though was a bin full of teeny terra cotta pots for $1. Sara and I both got of each kind: Rose, Forget-Me-Not, and Strawberry. The pots came with little packets of seeds and a pellet of soil about the size of a medium York Peppermint Patty. It occurred to me that reconstituting the soil pellets in a soup bowl is probably the weirdest thing I've done in a dorm bathroom. I hope it's worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment