The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Friday, January 28, 2011

Is it only a myth?

The Best Part of Today #73:
The Christmas Tree's still up.

Okay so technically I discovered this when I got home yesterday, but with all yesterday's excitement, I neglected to mention it. When I went back to school after winter break, I thought for sure the tree would be down the next time I came home. But here it is, bright and beautiful. Usually by this time, our Christmas tree would hail a storm of pine needles any time you burshed past it, looking more and more bare and twiggy by the minute. But this robust tree has barely spilt any needles at all, and still looks as fresh as the day we got it. I owe it to the fact that this year, I suggested naming it Yggdrasill, the Norse version of the Tree of Life. Go mythology of other cultures!

No comments:

Post a Comment