The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Expecto Patronum to you, exams! I need chocolate...

There is always a reason when I don't post and this time it's exams. I was studying for my Chaucer exam all day yesterday (with two brief interruptions) and did not get to post.

The Best Part of Today [Monday] #40:
Taking two naps.

Technically it's three, if you count the two hours of sleep I got between 3:45 and
5:45 am on Monday morning, followed by an exam, another nap, studying, another nap, and more studying. Sorry this is not very Christmasy. Actually, I have an idea.

The Best Part of Today [Monday] #40.5:
Doing the advent calendar at home, and knowing I'd be home again for good in about 79 hours.

Ok, that's better. Today, I did not fall prey to such nappy foolishness. I took my exam, went to buy more black ink for my printer and finished my entire creative writing portfolio due tomorrow at 6pm. (My formerly new ink cartridge is now half empty.) This is very good, except now I'm trying to make myself do my celtic essay and study for the corresponding final, which also happens to be my last one, and I'm finding i very difficult. I kind of wish the essay was due tomorrow so I'd have a reason to force myself to do it right now. My portfolio is due tomorrow at 6pm, which means I do not have to wake up early tomorrow, which severely cuts down the time during which I will have to study for celtic tomorrow, so I really should do my essay tonight, but I'm procrastinating. That might account for part of the reason why I haven't even gotten the real part of today' post yet...

The Best Part of Today #41:
Peeling my red and green post its from all of my textbooks.

Okay so technically they're neon pink and green, but it still made me excited for break because it means I'm selling my books, which means it's almost the end of the semester when I don't my books anymore. Only two days, folks, two short days...

No comments:

Post a Comment