The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

There are no words (but i did my best)

BPoT #146:
A trailer for the obscure things in your childhood.

When I was little, I absolutely adored a young reporter named Tintin. The intrepid Belgian and his fearless Scottish terrier Snowy did everything I wanted to do: fight pirates, go on archaeological digs (the exciting kind), find treasures, get captured and then cleverly break escape, and write. Unfortunately, despite being a little young for a reporter, he was a little old for me...by about 70 years or so.

The Belgian writer George Remi, aka Herge ("RG" pronounced with a french accent) had launched Tintin on the world back in between the two World Wars, starting with the French newspaper, Le Vingtieme Siecle, specifically its children's section "Le Petit Vingtieme." Now, "The Adventures of Tintin" has become a full fledged film directed by, in my opinion, the two greatest action movie directors of my life (perhaps ever), Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson.

Finally seeing the theatrical trailer for a film I have waited more than half of my life for, over a decade, made my previous night even better.

http://www.tintin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment