The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I say, dear chap, how was your trip to Zurich?

imgres.jpg
#141: AT LAST.

You know when you order something online (especially relevant if you're ordered it overseas) and you wait so long for it (months!) that you begin to wonder if it was a scam, or if it got lost or stolen? But then the moment arrives. You pour light into your mailbox and your heart jumps seeing the package with your name on it, the international post stamp in the corner. With hungry eyes and quick, trembling fingers you open it to find....(results may vary)

For a book geek like myself, few things matched the excitement of sliding One of Our Thursdays is Missing out of a bubble wrapper with a stamp that says Zurich on it. This made absolutely no sense given that the author, Jasper Fforde, is English and I won the book in competition on the website of an English newspaper, the Guardian. However, if the book that I won in March took a pitstop in Germany on its way to the states, that would explain why it arrived a week before the first day of June.

Nonetheless, I have to finish reading Peter and the Shadow Thieves first. I don't like not finishing books and starting others, (yet for a reason unknown to me, I probably have about 6 unfinished books in my inventory right now.) If I haven't mentioned it before, young adult literature is one of my weaknesses, along with bad action movies. I don't see good action movies as a weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment