The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Monday, May 9, 2011

For readers eyes only

The Best Part of Today #135:
A new record.

I may have said something hinting at this before, but I love to read a lot. I'm not a very fast reader though, because my incessant editing skills make me rather thorough so I can't speed through books like the people who got the latest Harry Potter and stayed up all night to read it in six hours. That's not my style. I like to digest books. Ironically, if I am in fact reading a new book and something dramatic just happened I sometime can't stop myself from jumping to the bottom of the page, the next page, or even the end of the book (though this last one is rare) to find out what happened, or to make such and such person isn't dead or so and so was able to find or accomplish something.

Last night though (or rather this morning), despite my slow reading habits, I finished my new book, which would top out this reading time at three days, a new record for me. Despite my slow habits, this was consistent with another of my habits: to stay up until the wee hours of the morning to read, and, more often, finish books. No I'm not talking about total hours spent; that would make this total reading time less than a day. Obviously I didn't spend every hour of the past three days reading this book, but I still count it as three days because I started it on Friday and finished it on Sunday, so I think it makes more sense that way, rather having to try to count u[ my hours.

The book I just finished was The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, and I pretty much recommend anything by him. Now I'm on to the 2nd book of the Halo trilogy, The Flood. This one follows the storyline of the first Halo game, while the first book, The Fall of Reach didn't follow the Halo: Reach game so much as it provided backstory for Master Chief and the Spartan program, and their near destruction on the planet Reach, with Master chief as the sole survivor. I look forward to finishing this book, and the series; hopefully they are as good as the first one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment