The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bringing spring indoors

The Best Part of Today #123:
Fresh flowers.

I have heard some arguments from people that find flowers to be sad or wasteful because you cut them from growing outside, and they don't last very long, and you have to throw them out when they die. But really, they are there to be enjoyed and there is really nothing like have fresh flowers in your room, especially if it's raining and cloudy and cold outside and your room smells like spring. I myself have a wonderful bouquet of daffodils in my room and they smell just delightful. Daffodils always seem very special to me because they announce the coming of springtime, but they really aren't there for very long, so I want to enjoy them as along as possible.

As you can see, our plants have been growing
exponentially since they were potted in the
bigger pots. This picture was actually taken about a week and a half ago, and they gave grown even more since then. I would have taken a new picture, but the plants are currently at home but divided into yet more pots. Along with my fresh daffodils, I also received a new strawberry with some ripening strawberries! What a treat! I'm hoping our little strawberry plant (lower left) will some be as large and fruitful!

No comments:

Post a Comment