The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The best kind of book

The Best Part of Today #120:
Free books.

This is such a great thing that I was sure I had written about it before. Now that I'm over 100 posts its hard for me to keep track of everything I've listed as a BPoT, and I'm still not entirely sure I haven't said something along these lines before. But if I have, my defense in this case is that I'm not just talking about free books. I'm talking about free Advance Reading Copies! I always feel that these are so much more special than regular books because a) they're not for sale and b) they come out before the actual book. That means you're paying nothing to get a book before it has actually come out. What kind of crazy idea is that?! It also usually means--for me anyway--that I have met someone in the publishing world who has given me these books, which, in itself is a wonderful thing.

Today I received no less than 5 free advance reading copies from the head of bookselling at my college co-op because I was interviewing her for a class. That's a total of $85 worth of free books. One of them is even from my favorite publisher, Disney-Hyperion, which I am doing a project on tomorrow and now I have something cool to bring to add to my presentation. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment