The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Friday, March 4, 2011

The meaning of paradox

The Best Part of Today #97:
Deep fried irony.

More specifically, McDonalds. God it is disgusting. No matter what their advertising campaigns tell you, fast food is not good. It is loaded with oily fat and salt and cholesterol god knows what else. My stomach is absolutely revolted right now. Why? Because I had a chicken nugget mighty kids meal with fries, and it was delicious.

I have McDonalds maybe twice a year, usually not even, and only because my sister somehow cajoles me into it and its always late at night when we're out and nothing else is open and I'm starved. I would never be seen in a McDonalds establishment in the light of day, as a substitution for one of my actual meals.

How can something so utterly repulsive that I am honestly disgusted with myself as I mechanical remove fries from a greasy paper sleeve and stuff them in my mouth taste so good? That is the great question, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment