The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

EFTW

The Best Part of Today #99:
Meeting your hero.

Today I met my favorite author in the world, Jasper Fforde, author of the Thursday Next, Nursery Crime, Shades of Grey and Last Dragonslayer series or soon-to-be series. I was the very first person in line to get my books signed, three of them, in point of fact. They were the first of each of the 4 series except Thursday Next, because my beloved copy of The Eyre Affair is currently in bestowed upon a very good friend and fellow bibliophile. So, Mr. Fforde did not sign the very first book of his that I read (and at first hated, being a somewhat confusing novel required by high school summer reading, but ended up being the best thing I ever read), though I still got the other three, and a postcard and picture with Mr. Fforde. And some smalltalk as he signed my three books. That was especially nice. And I sat next to the editor of one of Penguin's imprints, Berkley Publishing Group, who gave me her card. So you might say I had a pretty good day or something.

PS. the title means "Epic For The Win." What ever this phrase lacks in coherence it makes up for in unbridled excitement.





PPS. Sorry the mic is in his face. Even sitting in the front has its disadvantages. Overall, though, I think the benefits make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment