The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gotcha!

BPoT #162:
You're it!

All forms of Tag are great. I'm not much of a sporty person at all, but for some reason I love old school recess games like that: Tag, Hide and Go Seek, Hide-and-Go-Seek-Tag, Flashlight Tag, Sharks and Minnows, Pickle (aka. Running Bases), Sardines, Red Rover, Capture the Flag, Dungeon Master, Spud, Ghost in the Graveyard, and Manhunt (Hide-and-Go-Seek-Tag's older, middle-school brother who only comes out at night). Honestly, anytime anyone ever brings up playing one of these games (especially at my age) you can bet I'm all for it (under good circumstances; you can't play tag with a full stomach or something, but even then I'd probably endorse the idea).

That's part of the reason I love working at a Shakespeare camp over the summer. Naturally I love the old Bard, but one of the best perks of the job is that whenever we have free time, our middle-shool actors wants to run around and play, and since it is my job to supervise, it's more for fun for both us and them if I join in. (Though they do tend to get into one-game ruts; for example, all they ever want to play right now is Spud.)

Obviously, this would have made my day had I played any of these games today, but sadly, I did not. That may sound misleading, but that's why I prefaced that all forms of Tag are great. That's also why the actually BPoT is "You're it!" because the only game I played today was phone tag, and it was a relief that the person I was trying to get a hold of finally called back when I had my phone in hand. Fooledja' didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment