The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Monday, June 27, 2011

Get busy living

BPoT #164:
Getting ice cream with the family.

When my sister and I were little, my mom and/or dad would take us to a little corner Baskin Robbins and we would both their Rainbow Sherbet. We like it because it tasted great, of course, but I also liked it for two other reasons. I may have been little, but I knew that 1) Rainbow meant all the colors, and the Baskin Robbins was only Pink and Orange and sometime White. 2) It's spelled Sherbet but it's pronounced Sherbert. I didn't realize this distinction until I got a "rainbow" Beanie Baby Bear named "Sherbet." But I also like Baskin Robbins' Rainbow Sherbet for those reasons.

Anyway, years later my sister and I are riding in the back of the car with my mom like we used to, giggling hysterically for god knows what reason, and my mom decides we should go get ice cream. And that's what we did.

On a coincidental side note, I'm watching Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins.

No comments:

Post a Comment