The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Saturday, June 11, 2011

And then I just think of my favorite things...

So I missed Friday. But it's better than breaking out a whole BPotw.

BPoT #154:
When your favorites converge.

There are some things that always make your day. Going to a bookstore is one for me. I can spend unlimited amounts of time in bookstores, especially in little local ones where the crammed shelves tower over and aren't laid out in an organized way; kind of like the Stew Leonard's of bookstores but tinier and even more twisted. I also feel good spending money at one as opposed to buying a book at Amazon or Borders (now closed, giving me even more reason to shop locally) because I'm supporting a small business instead of handing money over to a huge company.

In addition to going to such a bookstore, I my sister and her boyfriend went to a new shop we've dubbed Cakes n' Shakes for its joint offerings of cupcakes and milkshakes. Just previous to that we went for a slice at my favorite crunchy-crusted pizza place. To top it off, we went to a small local record store where I bought two old DVDs for $4. I could have paid with the two $2 bills I got from the bookstore, but I figured I'd hang on to something like that for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment