The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yay surprises! (the nice kind)

BPoT #188:
Xbox warming presents!

In a quite unexpected show of generosity, my sister bought a couple of surprise gifts for me to celebrate the arrival of my new xbox. Since I brought it home, I have been playing nothing Assassin's Creed, which is perfectly fine with me because I'm absolutely enthralled by that game. But my sister bestowed upon me the newest installment of my favorite Gamecube game in the Xbox version: Soul Calibur 4. I am fascinated by it, having played no other version of Soul Calibur on any other system besides Gamecube before. I am particularly interested in the Create your own Character feature, which allows you to adjust the finest details of your own player, from the clothes and the shades and hues of colors of his/her outfit to the hair style and color to the very tone of his or her voice. Interestingly you can also play as Yoda. This "guest character" in the Gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2 was Link, and Yoda is no less impressive in play.

The second cool present was a clear xbox controller that lights up green when you plug it in! This is good because up till now I was playing on the one plain black controller I got with the console and you need for multiplayer battle. Interestingly, we have a similar clear controller for our first system, the N64, but it didn't light up as mine does now. Now I'll never lose my controller in the dark! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment