The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Monday, August 8, 2011

The Secret Library

BPoT #185:
Attic? No, treasure trove.

When was the last time you poked through your own attic? How many of you have ever done it? If your attic is anything like mine, I would highly recommend it. Since I'm taking a Children's Literature class next semester I figured I'd look for some of the children's classics around the house before buying new ones. I was successful in finding my old copies of The Secret Garden, Goodnight Moon and Where the Wild Things Are, along with a heaping side of nostalgia. But while I was moving wrapping paper rolls and old coats aside to get to the kids book box, I discovered half a dozen other boxes of books I never knew we had! I never would have appreciated them before, but I found things like Little Women, Moby Dick, andInterpreter of Maladies, along some others I'd read before and lost track of like Bel Canto andBeowulf. I even found and old fabric hardcover copy of True Grit, which I was intending on buying after having seen the excellent new movie. Even though I love supporting bookstores, I have to say that the next time you need a book, I'd look in your attic first. But then go to your local bookstore the next time. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment