The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Key change

BPoT [Tuesday] #170:
Frugality.

I do like shopping, but most of the time I hate spending money. That is why I am the sale MASTER. I hardly ever buy anything full price. Patience is the corresponding virtue here, because instead of spending more money to have something right that second, you can wait for it be marked down, and take the chance that the one you want will still be there, whether it be bag in the color or a shirt in that size. I recently rediscovered a shirt I had really wanted but declined to pay for. It was a size large, but for $6.99 I was just happy to find it again.


BPoT #171:
Praise from your mentor.

I have worked at the same Shakespeare summer program for 4 straight years now. It is the best summer job one could have. I love teaching middle school kids about Shakespeare and seeing them pull together a full-fledged production in 3 weeks, and working backstage just like I did in high school except that we work completely outside, but mostly I love my director. She is my idol. She is one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable and best-dressed women I know and I wish I could be her assistant dramaturg forever.

Today she pulled me aside and told me she was so proud of how far I'd come in the four years I've worked with her and how much I've learned and have been able to bring to the program. And then she hugged me. Suddenly I felt like my heart had turned into the sun and it was going to blaze through my skin if I didn't let it out through the biggest smile I could manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment