The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just your average Thursday...

We bought a car today. Don't take my nonchalant tone to be that of a spoiled brat with 3 (now 4 Bmw's to match my silver Fendi purses. I don't even own my own car cuz I share with my mom. But our family also had an elderly Ford, and my parents decided it would be a prudent investment to get a new car. Well, new to us. It's actually from 2002. But it still feels new to me. It was a really good price, for a car. But still a lot of money. My mom has had "buyer's remorse" all day today and it makes me really sad. The source of this distress? $$$. Those small symbols ruin everything. And I'm not so sure that having it is better than not having it.
Another one of my problems is: I get really attached to things. I like my current car. It's a silver Volvo S70 named Norbert Edward. He's the car I learned to drive on; am still learning to drive on. I just finally got my dad to let me put a couple stickers on it: Uconn; my college, Smith; my last name; a Danish flag for my heritage, and bone shaped magnet from sister with "I love my cairn terrier." He has scrape on his left bumper from when I backed up into my improv teacher's bug. He has a Mickey Mouse/Jack Sparrow antenna topper from disney world, sitting inside the compartment btwn the two front seats so I see it whenever I take my ipod out, but won't get lost or stolen being attached to an external part of the car. I finally got all the 6 buttons on the radio programmed to my favorite [classical music] stations. (Other music is hat the ipod is for. But Norbert is still older than Percy, the name my mom chose for the CR-V which I liked because of Percy Jackson. And they're just cars. So why am I feeling so sentimental?


No comments:

Post a Comment