The purpose of
The Best Part of Today
is to show that there is always something good about every day.
Check back every weekday
for your daily dose of positivity.


Sunday, January 3, 2010

On the Contrary Watson

Oftentimes I experiences what i think are particulary verbose trains of thought and wish to write them down so I can read them over and think about them later. These spells have resulted in many scraps of paper with such thoughts scrawled hastily on them, similar scrawls in a mini notebook i keep in my purse for whenever i need to write directions, grocery lists, and whatever else merits scrawling, and also a Microsoft Word folder labeled simply "Thoughts." But aside from thinking about them, I never had any other real purpose for them. So I guess that's what this blog is about now. It sounds pretty simplistic, of course; all blogs are about the writer's thoughts. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my posts aren't going to be plain everyday thoughts; thusly I will not post everyday, because I do not have the type of Thoughts I'm referring to now every day. If that makes no sense, just don't worry about.

An interesting thing I've discovered about this blog is that it has actually increased my writing in my diary. It's ironic because I started it as an alternate method of writing, like my diary but on th computer, because I've often found I type faster than I write by hand. Yet, i do not control when I have the abovementioned Thoughts, and twice now I've been in bed, eyes closed, lights off, and suddenly feel the need to write down what I'm thinking, but don't feel like getting out of bed to find my computer, wait for it to turn on, get on the internet, etc etc. So I just get out my diary, always above my headboard next to a tin of pens reserved for that purpose, and begin to write. I've decided to log these entries in here after the fact.

Distracted by dog trials now (damn you television!), so I'm ending this post before it becomes even more confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment